What is a Wellness Coach?
A Wellness Coach can best be described as a Partner in Change. Setting goals may be easy, but finding the best pathways to achieve them isn’t. A strong wellness coach is trained to help you identify your true goals, develop a plan to get there, and help you move through the process in a smooth manner, overcoming the hurdles of everyday life that often stand in the way of success.
Wellness coaching packages can include on site visits, phone conferences, and online support. It may include a fitness action plan or time in the gym together. There’s no generic formula for success. Spending time learning healthy cooking tips only works if you eat at home! If your travel or work schedule doesn’t allow it (or maybe you just don’t want to spend time in the kitchen), we can focus on taking charge of the restaurant menu. Wherever life takes you, education and planning are key to taking charge.
Who benefits from wellness coaching?
1. Clients that are in the action stage of change are able to benefit from wellness coaching. If unable to make the commitment, the relationship is premature and will falter.
2. Clients that can visualize a healthier lifestyle can see past temporary stumbling blocks with the support of a coach.
3. Clients that understand coaching creates a partnership requiring honesty, feedback, and commitment.
4. Clients and coaches that speak the same language will succeed. A strong, demanding coach might be extremely effective for one individual, but create high anxiety for another. Coaches should use their assessment tools to determine the most favorable coaching style.
5. Celebrating incremental successes with a client should be as joy filled for a coach as it is for the client. After all, that’s what perfect partners do!
Contact me to discuss a program specifically designed to meet your needs. email@example.com or 314-825-6557.
“You can pat yourself on the back for getting me truly in shape for the first time in about 20 years! Yay you! and me!” Diane Brinker, BeauiControl consultant.
“Lisa’s knowledge extends far beyond just getting your body into shape. She understands the challenges of staying focused while making lasting changes to your lifestyle. She thrives on your progress and motivates you to push yourself as hard as possible. She truly cares about you and wants to see you accomplish your goals. I have worked with Lisa now for almost 6 months, and am so proud of my body transformation. I now look in the mirror and am excited about how I look and feel. I would HIGHLY recommend her to ANYONE.” Lori Heise, Heise Group.
“Lisa is full of helpful tools and ideas that have helped me to stay on track and meet my goals. She continues to be a positive source of encouragement, and also has a sense of humor to help calm the storms during difficult times.” Dawn C, educator.
To get started, check out my Coaching Packages Page.